About us
The Online Collaboration Dynamic Coalition is one of the Dynamic Coalitions of the Internet Governance Forum. It is currently inactive except for the maintenance of the igf-online site, but can be reactivated as interest resumes.
Its original aims were to provide the IGF community, including other dynamic coalitions, with online collaboration tools in order to help them carry out their tasks in the most efficient, effective and inclusive way possible.
Amongst our particular projects are:
- Providing best practice tools and techniques for participants in IGF processes to engage in group discussion, collaborative authoring and decision making
- Developing the new Community Participation Site for the IGF
- Considering how to unify dispersed sources of information using metadata (such as tags)
- Further developing online sources of information about Net governance issues and institutions (not just the IGF)
- Facilitating remote participation in the next open IGF meetings
The coalition will evaluate the available collaboration tools and provide two-way support and advice on what technical solutions and approaches are best suited for multi-stakeholder discussions
Many applications are to be considered, not necessarily hosted at a single place, but distributed on all volunteer sites.
- Transmission of IGF meetings (transcripts, audio; video)
- Remote participation
- Synchronous discussion (live chat);
- Asynchronous discussion (through Web forum and mailing lists preferably gated between the two);
- Blogs and news aggregation (RSS);
- Other applications such as calendars, voting tools, etc;
- Video conferencing
Most of the information originally on our wiki page at igf2006.info was lost; we hope to recover it soon.
- Re-add your name to the List of OCDC members
- Join the mailing list
- Tools for dynamic coalitions are described here (how to get your own blog, mailing list, wiki page, etc...).
 Current activities
- IGF Virtual Community - Please help us to develop a roadmap for building not only a better IGF Web site but also the foundations of a true virtual community for the IGF.